Last modified: February 21, 2022
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding agreement with Frontline Careers (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this agreement (“Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Agreement applies to Frontline Careers.com, and other Frontline Careers-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Agreement (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services, such as our ads plugins. Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”.
You are entering into this Agreement with Frontline Careers LLC (also referred to as “we” and “us”).
This Agreement applies to Members and Visitors.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Frontline Careers Services, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
2.1 Service Eligibility
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one Frontline Careers account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by Frontline Careers from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Frontline Careers to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including use of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; and (2) follow the law and our list of Representations and Restrictions. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. Recruiter seat bought by your employer), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and other materials to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Our Services allow sharing of information in many ways, such as articles, group posts, links to news articles, and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1 Your License to Frontline Careers
As between you and Frontline Careers, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting Frontline Careers and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent such content has been copied, re-shared or stored by a Member or Visitor and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will enable a feature that allows other Members to embed that public post onto third-party services, and we enable search engines to make that public content findable through their services.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Frontline Careers, you agree that Frontline Careers can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Frontline Careers may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Frontline Careers generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content.
Frontline Careers reserves the right to limit your use of the Services and reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Agreement or the law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Representations and Restrictions).
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Frontline Careers reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Frontline Careers, and “Frontline Friendly” logos and other Frontline Careers trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Frontline Careers LLC.
3.6 Automated Processing
We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend jobs to you and you to recruiters. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
FRONTLINE CAREERS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, FRONTLINE CAREERS AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4.2 EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS FRONTLINE CAREERS HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS AGREEMENT), FRONTLINE CAREERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
FRONTLINE CAREERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO FRONTLINE CAREERS FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, IF ANY, OR (B) US $100.
4.3 Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and Frontline Careers and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if Frontline Careers or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Agreement and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Agreement.
Both you and Frontline Careers may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can email our Help Center to close your account, please explicit instructions.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
You and Frontline Careers agree that the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. You and Frontline Careers both agree that all claims and disputes can be litigated only in the federal or state courts in San Diego County, California, USA, and you and Frontline Careers each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
7. General Terms
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement.
This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that Frontline Careers has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Frontline Careers may assign this Agreement to a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. Representations and Restrictions
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Frontline Careers, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Frontline Careers;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Frontline Careers, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “Frontline Careers” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided with our express written consent;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Frontline Careers without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Frontline Careers trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell, resell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without Frontline Careers’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without Frontline Careers’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services,;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
9. Complaints Regarding Content
9.1 Third Party Intellectual Property
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
9.2 COPYRIGHTS AND DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Pursuant to our rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512, we have designated a copyright agent to receive copyright infringement notices for claims of infringement related to materials found on our Services. Our designated agent is Frontline Careers’s Chief Privacy Officer. Our Chief Privacy Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via U.S. Mail at: Frontline Careers , 113 West G St, #1040, San Diego, CA 92101-6096, Attn: Chief Privacy Officer.
9.3 DMCA Infringement Notification.
To be effective, your infringement notification must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material or content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or have access disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, including address, telephone number and email address where the complaining party may be contacted;
5. The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
6. The following statement: “The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I swear that I am the copyright owner or that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
1. Frontline Careers will remove or disable access to the content that is alleged to be infringing;
2. Frontline Careers will forward the written notification to the alleged infringer; and
3. Frontline Careers will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that we have removed or disabled access to the content.
9.4 DMCA Infringement Counter Notification.
Pursuant to the DMCA, after the alleged infringer receives a notice of infringement from Frontline Careers, the alleged infringer will have the opportunity to respond to Frontline Careers with a counter notification (“Counter Notification”). To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to Frontline Careers’s designated copyright agent, and must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled;
3. The following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that it is my good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”; and
4. The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the alleged infringer’s address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, or any judicial district in which Frontline Careerst may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon the copyright agent’s receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above, the DMCA provides that the removed material will be restored or access re-enabled and we will comply with this requirement as required by law, provided that the designated agent has not received notice from the original complaining party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our network.
9.5 Termination and Removal
10. How To Contact Us
For general inquiries, you may contact us email@example.com. For legal notices or service of process, you may write us at:
113 West G St #1040
San Diego, CA 92101-6096
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer