My name is Gretchen Myers and I have been a nurse for 15 years. I obtained my BSN from Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego in 2008. My professional career began in the Emergency Department and I practiced in that setting for 8 years.
I transferred to Interventional Radiology in 2014 where I have been for the past 7 years.
Prior to becoming a nurse I ran a marketing business for financial institutions. I worked in the industry for 15 years.
I have many skills including time management, organizational structure, and attention to detail.
My goals include changing the perception of healthcare and educating the communities we serve.
|Last Resume Update||October 6, 2022|
|Address||San diego, California|
GRETCHEN B MYERS
Clinical Nurse – Interventional Radiology UCSD Jacobs Medical Center
November 2015 – Present
• Triage, prepare and educate patients for peripheral and neurovascular procedures including central venous access, biopsies, vascular procedures and angiograms with embolization. Neurological procedures including stroke, aneurysm pipeline, embolization and pain management procedures.
• Competent in bi-plane, single plane, CT and C-arm procedure rooms.
• Utilize time management, prioritization and organization of workflow to ensure patients are prepared for procedures.
• Charge Nurse – use of effective time management skill, leadership and delegation to ensure continuous workflow.
• Manage care for pediatric, adult and cancer patient population.
• Moderate sedation certified.
• Critical thinking skill in management of patients pre-op, intra and post-operatively, including recovery.
• Skill in cardiac monitoring interpretation.
• Excellent IV, Port-a-cath, PICC and central line access skill.
Clinical Nurse – Emergency Department UCSD Thornton
July 2014- November 2015 (Per –diem)
• Highly skilled career professional with 8 years of experience in an emergency department.
• Triage, Head-to-toe assessments –Communication of findings to E.R and attending M.D.’s.
• Cardiac monitoring, Cardio-version, ACLS, BLS, and PALS.
• Critical thinking skill and knowledge to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent care. Care of the acute, ICU and chronically ill patients.
• Knowledge of hemodynamics.
Clinical Nurse – Ambulatory Care Center-Acute care
August 2013 – August 2015
• Implement time management, prioritization and organization of workflow to ensure patients are prepared for outpatient and inpatient procedures.
• Prepare surgical patients including total joint replacement, hysterectomies, cystoscopies, spine and craniotomy surgery.
• Charge Nurse Role.
• Recovery of post procedure patients, including discharge home.
• Utilize critical thinking skill to assess patient’s ability to manage self –care post procedure.
• Precept float pool and student nurses.
Clinical Nurse – Emergency Department
June 2008 – July 2013
• Cardiac monitoring, Cardio-version, ACLS, BLS, TNCC and PALS.
• Identifying and managing life-sustaining treatment – CPR/ACLS.
• Patient education including assessment, counseling, medication administration, treatment procedures, lab results, including care plan for diagnosis.
• Identifying patient ability to manage self-care, utilize resources including case management and social work to ensure patient safety.
• Advocate for patients and family.
Vice President Marketing/Finance
• Strategic planning and sales of new product line to financial institutions.
• Manage marketing budget.
• Leadership, time management, organization and delegation.
• Manage daily business operations.
• Coordination and production of promotions for 15-20 institutions at one time.
• Utilization of several outside resources to manage and implement product production.
• BSN Registered Nursing License, State of California, Public Health Nurse Certification
• Current ACLS, BLS, PALS, BART/ART
• NIH Stroke Certified
• Proficient in Cerner and EPIC computer systems
2005-2008 Point Loma Nazarene University San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
2002-2005 Grossmont Community College El Cajon, CA
Memberships and Activities
Nursing Preceptor Sharp Memorial Emergency Department – 2012, 2013
Cerner Committee – Created assessment module for computer documentation system.
Emergency Department Disaster Committee - 2010-2012